Neurological physiotherapy seeks to treat people suffering from movement and physical function disorders that originate from problems with their nervous and neuromuscular systems. These can occur as the after effects of stroke, spinal injuries or multiple sclerosis. These disorders give rise to issues such as weak muscles, poor coordination, tremors and muscle spasms and decreased sensation in parts of their bodies.
A course of physiotherapy treatment is prescribed by a doctor after an assessment of a patient’s strength, coordination and balance so that the treatment regime is focused on their specific needs to rebuild mobility and physical function. Some of these treatments can include:
• Limb exercises where a patient cannot move their limbs themselves
• Bed exercises to strengthen and stretch muscles when a patient is bedridden
• Breathing and circulation exercises which help to prevent vascular issues such as chest infections
• The use of mobility aids such as a walking frame
• Tailored exercises that help a patient build strength, coordination and endurance
Qu’est-ce que la Réflexologie Genève ?
Hire the Best Sports Physio Frankston
Discovering Kingsville Physiotherapy