What is user acceptance testing: User acceptance testing is a part of the software development lifecycle. It’s what happens when you’re ready to show what you’ve been working on to users and see what they think. The goal is to ensure that what we created meets their needs and expectations and those of our clients. User acceptance testing can be done in many ways, such as:
- Surveys – Usability tests (in person or remotely) – A/B Testing (a statistical method)
There are many benefits to user acceptance testing. UAT can help you:
- Identify what the user wants and needs from your product
- Find issues with usability and design
- Test for accuracy of business logic
- Validate that data is being entered correctly into the system
User acceptance testing (UAT) is a way to ensure that what you’re building matches what the user needs. It’s an essential step in ensuring the quality and usability of your website or application. UAT has been around for over 20 years and has become increasingly popular, emphasizing mobile app development, requiring more frequent updates and bug fixes.