An economical and safe way to disinfect and clean is by using hydrogen peroxide. It is a natural way to sanitize your home as it has antibacterial and antiviral qualities and works better as cleaning agent than white vinegar, rubbing alcohol or acetic acid.
You can use a three percent solution undiluted in a spray bottle to create a hydrogen peroxide spray cleaner that you can use to clean walls, glass, countertops, doorknobs, toilets and any other hard surfaces. To use it as a disinfectant, simply spray it on the surface, allow the bubbles to subside and then wipe it dry with a clean cloth. You can also soak things such as toothbrushes, retainers or thermometers in hydrogen peroxide to disinfect them.
Hydrogen peroxide is an effective antiseptic because it kills bacteria cells by destroying their cell walls. It also has antifungal properties and is more effective than chlorine bleach at reaching and killing mold on porous surfaces.