Testosterone, a hormone produced men, affects a man’s physical characteristics and sex drive. As men age their level of testosterone decreases naturally but in some cases it can drop significantly leading to the following low testosterone symptoms:
• Low sex drive – testosterone plays a key role in a man’s libido and a drastic reduction can lead to a reduction in their desire to have sex.
• Difficulty maintaining an erection – low testosterone can also cause a man to have difficulty getting and maintaining an erection.
• Loss of muscle mass – studies have shown that testosterone can affect a man’s muscle mass (but not strength or function).
• Fatigue and lower energy levels – men with low testosterone may find that they are constantly fatigued and need more sleep.
• Hair loss – during puberty testosterone causes hair to grow on a man’s face and genitals; when testosterone levels falls they can experience hair loss.