Picture frames come in all shapes and sizes and can be made from a variety of materials. They are used to display photos, artwork, and other types of memorabilia. While picture frames may seem like a simple item, there is a lot that you need to know before you make your purchase.
They come in all shapes and sizes. The most common picture frame sizes are:
- Standard frame sizes: these are the most common frame sizes and include popular sizes such as eight by ten inches, five by seven inches, and four by six inches.
- Large frames: these are typically used for display purposes and are available in sizes such as eleven by fourteen inches, sixteen by twenty inches, and twenty-four by thirty-six inches.
- Custom frames: these are made to order and can be custom-made to any size you need.
Picture frames are typically made from one of three materials:
- Wood: this is the most common material and is available in a variety of finishes such as natural wood, stained wood, or painted wood.
- Metal: This material is typically used for more modern picture frames and is available in finishes such as stainless steel, brushed metal, or polished metal.
- Plastic: This material is typically used for more inexpensive picture frames and is available in a variety of colors.
Now that you know the basics, you can start shopping for the perfect frame for your home!